Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) believes it is our responsibility to ensure that each of us works safely and productively, goes home healthy, and considers the environment in their actions, each and every day. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work setting, and protecting the environment as a key tenet of our culture and a primary mission by:
- Preventing injury and ill health for our employees, our associates, our customers, and our families. This will be accomplished by maintaining the highest health and safety standards in the industry, eliminating unsafe conditions, and minimizing and controlling risks by:
▪ Pursuing FMM’s safety target of zero accidents
▪ Identifying and supporting safe work practices
▪ Instilling a culture of workplace safety
▪ Furnishing necessary tools and protective equipment
▪ Providing training and education
▪ Involvement of employees in the decision making process
- Preserving and protecting the environment by committing to pollution prevention, sustainable resource use, and effective waste
- Complying with applicable health, safety, and environmental legal requirements.
- Working proactively to continuously improve our health, safety, and environmental performance and management systems by setting achievable and quantifiable objectives.
This document sets out the management’s policy on environment, health and safety issues. It is binding on all company employees and on all external firms operating on FMM’s premises.